Thursday, July 9, 2009

I KNEW IT

When I pointed out in a previous post (which you’ll have to look up yourself) I knew beyond any doubt that President’s current stimulus package would be a total failure. Unlike everyone (without exception) my insightful analysis wasn’t based in any kind of political bias but common sense and overwhelming logic.

I actual tried to read the Economic Recovery Plan and realized that it was simply more political gibberish. If there was anything (anything at all) that was designed to directly help the US economy emerge from the Bush Depression well, I missed it. The gist of the plan was merely an increase spending in every current government program. Billions of dollars were allocated to financing the spending. In the end, the “plan” overtly failed to put funding where it was most needed and would do the most good. Despite the fact I clearly solved that problem (a previous post you’ll have to look for) I knew that it didn’t have a chance. Logic is simply one attribute government officials lack.

So, am I saying Obama’s administration is a failure? Not at all. I am saying that it is simply no different then any of his predecessors (make of that what you will). Complete and total failure to grasp economics, indifference to the best interests of a vast majority of citizens, and poorly thought out. Nothing new here. Admittedly, for better or worse, he did manage to stave off the complete failure of two of the largest businesses in the world and thereby preserved a great number of jobs. The deserved ruination of GM and Chrysler was adverted by government intervention and the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs was adverted. Whether it was a good idea (which I adamantly instance it wasn’t) or not is one of those “time will tell” things.

Given the political climate, or should I better refer to that as “given the current political ineptitude” he did the only thing he could do. It was a poor, miserable idea, but I don’t expect anything better from the very people who have failed so completely in the past. That includes both Democrats and Republicans. Both parties are totally responsible for the mess we’re now in and neither has done a single thing to put American on the right track. Democrats had a bad idea and Republicans stood by hoping it would fail so they could blame the current administration for the screw-ups incurred over the past decades. It was “Quick, Superficial Fix” versus “We Haven’t A Clue”. In the end, America is the loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment