Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update

I'm putting Rush under more pressure then I realized and more then I had hoped for (tell him I said “Hi” by the way). Right after I posted the last blog I got in my car, turned on my radio and Rush was still harping on the “Post” story making sure (at least three times) that he mentioned the article was in yesterday's paper. While I'm sure he did mention that earlier I simply missed it. Now he was stressing it. In an obvious attempt to discredit any criticism that may come he probably felt safe emphasizing that the article was from yesterday, setting himself up to blow me off by simply saying something like “he never even read the story. How can he evaluate anything...blah, blah, blah”. And he would have a partial point except for the glaring fact that I admitted that and regardless, I was dead-on that he was once again evading the real issue.

And, just playing it safe, he took the opportunity to respond to a caller's comments that simply reading the article would not give anyone the impression he was trying to make. One had to read in to it like he did. So I did. Unlike his audience, I actually read the story and it bears absolutely no resemblance to the article he talked about.

Now since I didn't listen to his entire borecast I can't say for sure he quoted anything from it but if he did I didn't hear it. There's plenty to quote no matter what side you're on

“That last condition was a problem. For years, Democrats have mocked the Republican argument that tax cuts pay for themselves by boosting the economy, an assertion for which evidence is scant. Many independent budget experts say the effect, if it exists, would be almost impossible to measure and useless in crafting a budget. Fiscal “snake oil,” some Democrats say.”

See, I almost fell for it! The whole point of the article was describe the sausage-making that took place during debate over raising the debt ceiling. The article clearly reflected the opinion of the author and participants of both sides of the deal making lied about what actually happened. What is very, very, very, very clear is that the Republicans refuse to raise tax rates despite the overwhelming mountain of evidence that it is the only viable solution to the rising debt.

He can not make a case otherwise so he avoids discussing the real issue. And he's on very safe ground knowing full well his listeners won't bother reading the story themselves and those that do will view it with Rush's unique slant. Once again he avoids the real problem and manufactures a totally irrelevant scenario to avoid any focus on the real issues.

Sorry that this may be a little fragmented and rambling but I don't have the luxury of time but the point is clear and easy to make. Now I have to post this and once again ruin Rush's day. His show is about to start and I want to make sure he sees this so I can tune in and hear him fumble to try and evade the facts yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment